Pedro Joseph de Lemos, 1882 –1944, was an American painter, printmaker, architect, illustrator, writer, lecturer and museum director in the San Francisco Bay Area. Prior to about 1930 he used the simpler name Pedro Lemos or Pedro J. Lemos; between 1931 and 1933 he changed the family name to de Lemos, believing that he was related to the Count de Lemos, patron of Cervantes. Much of his work was influenced by traditional Japanese woodblock printing and the Arts and Crafts Movement. He became prominent in the field of art education, and he designed several unusual buildings in Palo Alto and Carmel, California. In 1929 he became involved in the founding, design and administration of the Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park. He and his wife had already engaged in developing similar groups of art studios and shops in Carmel and Palo Alto. From 1931 to 1941 they developed their own home of nearly 9,000 square feet on Waverley Oaks in Palo Alto. This "Hacienda" is on the National Register of Historic Places. In the 1940s they began work on a "Storybook" house in Pebble Beach, completing only the garage and caretaker's cottage.