- Orenco Originals creates exceptional charts/patterns. NO thread or fabric are included.
- COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN Charted for 14 count fabric and DMC Cotton Floss. Finished size is 14 inches (196 Stitches) by 10 inches (140 Stitches).
- Chart/Patterns use up to 48 colors of floss. Full stitches only. No half stitches and no backstitching necessary.
- We provide two charts both printed in black ink on bright white 11" by 17" paper. Chart #1 is a single page chart. Chart #2 (tired eyes) is a 4 page enlarged chart that eases eye strain.
- We provide a chart that includes the instructions for the black background. If you want to use black fabric and not stitch the background your finished product will have a raised or embossed look. Very attractive.
This is a pattern that is used to sew and to create a cross stitch picture.
This is NOT a completed product. It is NOT a kit, it contains no floss or fabric.
Mary Granville Pendarves Delany, 1700 -1788, was born in England and was raised to be a noble woman. Mary was an avid gardener, writer, artist and crafter. She is most famous for her highly accurate and beautiful botanical illustrations. Unlike most botanical illustrations, these are not drawings or paintings, but paper collages created from hundreds of tiny pieces of cut paper.
Mary-??ç?£????????s skills have elevated her to being one of the most accomplished paper-cutters of all time. She developed the technique of "paper-mosaic" at the age of seventy-two, when her diminishing eyesight discouraged her embroidery. Working to scale directly from a plant specimen, Mary would cut and assemble dozens and at sometimes hundreds of minute pieces of colored tissue paper to create a single image of precise botanical accuracy. Her work is available to be seen at the British Museum in person or through their website. Enjoy!