Counted Cross Stitch Chart Specifics:
- This product is a Digital Download of a COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN. Instructions included. You can work from the digital pattern on your device or print the pattern on your own printer. The pattern is a multi-page enlarged chart that is easy to follow as you work.
- Chart is in Black and White using symbols to differentiate the different threads you will use. Chart is not in Color. See the detailed product images attached to this listing.
- COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN Charted for 14 count fabric and DMC Cotton Floss. Finished size is 16 inches (224 stitches) by 19inches (266 stitches).
- NO thread or fabric are included.
- Chart/Patterns use up to 40 colors of floss. Full stitches only. No half stitches and no backstitching necessary.
Note to Stitchers: You will receive a chart that is of the entire image including the background. You can stitch the background or stitch on your choice of a 14-count solid cloth and create a raised embossed effect.
***This is not a kit. No Floss, Thread or fabric are included***
What inspired this pattern:
Marianne Preindlsberger Stokes, 1855-1927, was born in southern Austria and studied in Munich and France, where she worked under Colin and Courtois. She worked in the provinces as well as in Paris, and, like many young artists, was influenced by the rustic naturalists led by Bastien-Lepage. She adopted methods like theirs, and even though her subject matter gradually changed from rustic genre to medieval romance and biblical themes, her style continued to show her artistic allegiance clearly. Marianne Stokes was one of the most popular artists of the Victorian era.