Counted Cross Stitch Chart Specifics:
- This is a pattern that is used to sew and to create a counted cross stitch picture.
- COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN Charted for 14 count fabric and DMC Cotton Floss.
- Finished size is 11 inches (154 stitches) by 16 inches (224 stitches).
- Chart uses up to 40 colors DMC Cotton Floss. Full stitches only. No half stitches and no backstitching necessary.
- We provide two charts both printed in black ink on bright white 11" by 17" paper. Chart #1 is a single page chart. Chart #2 (tired eyes) is a 4-page enlarged chart that eases eye strain.
Note to Stitchers: You will receive a chart that is of the entire image including the background. You can stitch the background or stitch on your choice of a 14-count solid cloth and create a raised embossed effect.
***This is not a kit. No Floss, Thread or fabric are included***
What inspired this pattern:
Illustrator Dorothy Muriel Wheeler,1891–1966, was born in Great Britain in 1891. She studied at the Blackheath School of Art, where her principal mediums were watercolor and ink. She designed children's book illustrations, postcards and comic strips. A series of her works were used by Bamforth & Co Ltd, a publisher of fine postcards, for their Woodland Secrets and Fairy Series collections of cards, published around 1920. Her illustrations appeared in Enid Blyton's widely published children's books. They also appeared in books by Anne MacDonald. She published her own version of the Three Little Pigs in 1955. Her final work appeared in 1965, illustrations for Enid Blyton's The Ring O'Bells Mystery.