Counted Cross Stitch Chart Specifics:
- This is a pattern that is used to sew and to create a counted cross stitch picture.
- COUNTED CROSS STITCH PATTERN Charted for 14 count fabric and DMC Cotton Floss.
- Finished size is 10 inches (140 stitches) by 12 inches (168 stitches).
- Chart uses up to 40 colors DMC Cotton Floss. Full stitches only. No half stitches and no backstitching necessary.
- We provide two charts both printed in black ink on bright white 11" by 17" paper. Chart #1 is a single page chart. Chart #2 (tired eyes) is a 4-page enlarged chart that eases eye strain.
Note to Stitchers: You will receive a chart that is of the entire image including the background. You can stitch the background or stitch on your choice of a 14-count solid cloth and create a raised embossed effect.
***This is not a kit. No Floss, Thread or fabric are included***
What inspired this pattern:
Francois Levaillant (1753-1824) was a famous French artist and bird expert. He spent his life studying and documenting birds, especially in Africa. His detailed artworks provided valuable insights into the diversity and behavior of African birds. They are highly regarded and are still appreciated today for their scientific accuracy and beauty. vintage lithograph prints from Francois Levaillants groundbreaking ornithology project, “The Natural History of Parrots” (1801—1805). It is said that Levaillant mounted the bird specimens, which were preserved in arsenic soap, in lifelike positions so the artists could realistically represent the parrots in the wild